Friday, December 24, 2010

Harry Potter

Dear World,
I have received a request from, I can only assume, my anonymous stalker asking for my thought on the latest Harry Potter movie (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, to those of you who are sadly unaware). And so, as I have never received a request, nor did I think that I would, I feel inclined to answer it.
I, unfortunately, was unable to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter because I has a math test the next day and my mother said no. However, I did see it the Friday directly following the Thursday of the midnight release. But when I was finally able to see it, I was pleased by the outcome. I'm glad that the director and producers decided to cut it into to parts because the is no way for them to compact the entire book into one movie, as it has been shown in some of the other films *cough*4th movie*cough*, and I also think that they cut off the movie in a good place. Had I been someone who had not read the books, however, I imagine that I would have been extremely confused by the happenings in the movie. (I refuse to see the Harry Potter movies for the first time with someone who hasn't read the books because, at that point, questions are intolerable.) There were some thing I wish they would have done differently, like when Harry was questioning Kreacher about the locket and escaping from the Lovegood's house, but overall, I thought it was well done. Indeed, there were parts that I really liked their take on, like the time they spent at the ministry and Harry and Hermione dancing in the tent.
But to answer my stalkers question, yes I have seen the Harry Potter movie, I enjoyed it, but I obviously like the books better that the movie.
Thank you for your time,
Isabella
P.S.
I'm going to be depressed when the last movie comes out because then I will have nothing to look forward to, Harry Potter related, at least.
P.S.S.
I was very sad when I finished the 7th book.
P.S.S.S.
I really want to go to the Harry Potter theme park in Orlando.
P.S.S.S.S.
Don't you just P.S.'s?
P.S.S.S.S.S.
I love you.

3 comments:

  1. hey pal I still have your book ransom. Hang out soon? Yes. Yes we shall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed. I go back on the fourth, so I'm free anytime before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your review. I hope I find time to see the movie. Magistra

    ReplyDelete